Andersen Sailboat Winches
Anderson winches are lightweight, durable stainless-steel sailboat winches. One of the greatest features of Anderson stainless steel winches is the Power Rib. Unlike other sailboat winches with abrasive or machine cut drum surfaces, the drums have vertical ribs running up the surface. This combined with the smooth polished stainless steel gives maximum grip and minimum wear on ropes, reducing the replacement costs of sheets and halyards. What’s more, Anderson Winch's unique Power Rib principle simply makes sailing more pleasurable. Fewer turns on the winch make tacking easier. Sheets can be gently eased out without shuttering and the risks of overrides and jammed sheets are significantly reduced. The grip provided by the ribs on the Anderson winch will remain the same year after year, unlike many other winches with an abrasive or sandpaper-like surface. Such surfaces have a tendency to wear down both ropes and themselves.
It’s all about protecting your investment. With Anderson sailboat winches, this protection is guaranteed, as the drum maintains its grip year after year. Keeping wear and tear to a minimum also helps maintain resale value, and Anderson's 3-year warranty and instant service in more than 30 countries worldwide amount to a benchmark standard. Low maintenance is a key — and with Anderson Winches, you can take it for granted. Anderson winches require less maintenance, since all pawls and springs on Anderson winches are captive, and the design of the winch allows you to easily strip it down for service and greasing.
All Anderson winches are made from stainless steel. At Mauri Pro Sailing we offer Anderson winches in plain top, self tailing and Anderson's electric stainless steel winche.
Features Unique to Anderson Winches:
- Anderson Winches have a Drive shaft that is made from of AISI 329 stainless steel
- Anderson Winches size 40 and above have Adjustable self-tailing arm through 360 degrees
- Low friction curved self-tailing arm
- Stainless-steel ball bearings to carry vertical and horizontal loads from the drum (from size 52ST and up). The upper and lower bearings are designed to be maximum distance apart, resulting in increased support for the drum while increasing efficiency
- Large-diameter roller bearings to absorb drum loads and increase efficiency
- Easy servicing of gears. Captive pawls made from cold-pressed stainless-steel bar AISI 316L, are unbreakable
- Upper base plate from aluminium bronze, which is twice as strong as standard bronze and ensures a light, stiff and rugged construction that increases efficiency
- The self-tailing system on Anderson winches adjusts automatically to suit various rope sizes
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum with Anderson Power Rib ensures a superior grip on the sheet without causing excessive wear
- Drum surface with Power Rib generates horizontal friction, and a highly polished surface minimizes vertical friction, allowing rope to slide easily up the drum
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum combined with an internal construction of aluminium bronze, results in ANDERSEN Winches being of similar weight to aluminium winchesbut far more durable. Servicing is only required every 2 years under normal use.