FREE SHIPPING! for US Continental orders over $99
click for details
Plastimo Compasses, Safety Equipment and Regatta Gear
Plastimo compasses have been presented with several prizes, of which the most impressive are French, Japanese, German and American Design Awards. Plastimo makes a number of compasses to fit the needs of every sailor. Cruising and racing compasses. Handbearing compasses. Compasses for dingy and sports catamarans as well as for boats of all sizes.
When Plastimo invented the double reading compass, it was a major innovation which allowed the yachtsman to follow his course from the cockpit and the cabin. The Plastimo Contest Compasses 101 goes a step further: its exclusive mounting possibilities on any bulkhead-whatever the thickness-and its aesthetics allow the Contest 101 to adapt perfectly to today's yachts, both in terms of engineering technique and glamorous design.
Specifically designed for sailing boats, the Olympic compasses feature an exceptionally steady card and remain accurate whatever the heeling angle and the weather conditions. Plastimo is the only compass manufacturer offering a 5-year warranty. The Plastimo Compasses Horizon 135, a member of the Olympic line of compasses, are made primarily for cruising purposes. The Horizon 135 compass was designed for boats from 9m and up.
Only the best will do! For ultimate quality, Plastimo selects the best components in order to ensure that your compass is a highly dependable instrument which will provide years of reliable service.
- A sapphire equips every cmopass: its hardness is a warranty for the long life and precision of your compass.
- All Plastimo compasses feature an anti-vibration system, which ensures a minimal contact between the pivot and the sapphire cup; the latest-born inVibration absorber in device damps spinning caused by high-speed pounding and vibration.
- A compass is a meticulously engineered instrument: all the inprecious in components are produced by Swiss clock-makers, worldwide famous for their legendary precision.
- The softViton® diaphragm or the semi-soft ultra-sound welded diaphragm is fully waterproof and has an extreme expansion and retraction capacity: it compensates the fluctuations in fluid volume caused by the differences in temperature and atmospheric pressure.
- All plastic components -and more specifically the material used for the dome- are carefully selected to withstand shocks, UV-rays and hard marine envinronment.
- The crystal transparency of the dome and the exceptional magnifying index of the fluid contribute to the perfect legibility of the card.
MAURIPRO Sailing, your direct access to Plastimo Sailboat Compasses and all your other sailing and boating needs.