FREE SHIPPING! for US Continental orders over $99
click for details
Load Path Membrane
Taffeta on both sides
Offshore Cruise Profile
UV Leech & Foot Cover
Mid Height Clew
Webbing on Head & Tack
MZ8 range of performance cruising sails are available for the sailboat owner who want the ultimate on long lasting offshore cruising sails. These Load Path Membrane sails are ideal for mid-size and big sailboats. MZ8 sails feature a double taffeta for added endurance during long offshore passages.
Polyester: 100% Black Polyester passes. Insert 2222 Black Polyester @ 20 mm spacing.
Technora: 100% Technora passes. Insert 1670 Technora @ 20 mm spacing.
Carbon: 50% Carbon, 50% Technora passes. Insert 1670 Technora @ 20 mm spacing.
Taffeta films are 0.75 mil film with 50x50 or 150x150 white or grey taffetas.
MZ8 cruising sail membrane only uses fiber reinforcement where it is required and not where it isn't! This keeps weight to a minimum without compromising the performance and durability of the sail. It also means that some or all of the weight savings made where reinforcement is not needed can be used to add extra reinforcement to the high-load path areas of the sail. The fiber reinforcement added to the membrane is also a continuous directional filament, which accurately follows the load path lines of the sail.
- Head can be fitted with a webbing loop, a stainless steel "O" ring or a press ring. Webbing loops on head and tack are default for roller furling genoas.
- For performance offshore or multihull sails: Webbing Loops on Roller Furling headsails are fitted with leather reinforcement for chafe and UV protection (if required).
- All luff tapes have double roping.
- Port and Starboard wool Tell Tales for easy trimming.
- Clam Cleat or V Cleat for the leech and foot lines.
- Foam luff available in Foam Pad (default), Foam Strips, or Rope.
- Dacron UV cover (white) is standard. Sunbrella UV cover is available.