FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
US over $99, International over $450
Ball Bearing Systems
Faster, Easier and Safer Sailing professionals around the world choose Ronstan batten systems for superior and innovative features combined with race-proven performance and reliability.
- With 7 track sizes in the standard product range, there is a system with the right specifications for every boat and sail plan.
- The range includes all elements for a complete system, including headboard plates and batten receptacles.
- Easy track installation using patented slug connectors.
- Ball Bearing cars run on twin races of recirculating ball bearings that engage with the track profile for excellent all round performance, even when reefing while sailing off the wind.
Captive Ball Battem System
Strength & Simplicy
The batten car system combines the performance of ball bearing cars and the convenience of easy removal of mainsail and cars from the mast.
- Cars run on twin races of captive Torlon® ball bearings and alloy end caps for precise, low-friction performance. Captive slide rods provide extra strength for high static loads.
- The Captive Ball system provides optimum performance for raising, lowering and reefing the mainsail while head to wind or luffing. (For extreme sailing, reefing while sailing off the wind, etc. we recommend the full ball bearing car and track systems).
- Simple and secure attachment. The Dyneema® Link is easily fitted and is retained securely by a moulded retainer clip.
- The Captive Ball system is a convenient choice in conjunction with Luff Groove track, for easy changeover between racing and cruising mainsails.
Ballslide™ Batten Systems
Quick, Easy & Reliable Ronstans Ballslide™ system makes raising and lowering the mainsail quick and easy. Recirculating captive ball bearings ensure free running performance, and since the cars use the existing luff groove of the mast there is no need to install a track.
- With a complete range of car profiles and feet there is a Ballslide™ solution for most available mast profiles and luff groove shapes on boats up to 18m (60ft).
- Ballslide™ cars run on twin races of recirculating ball bearings specifically designed and oriented for compression loads. Hoisting and dropping the mainsail has never been easier! Ball joint links for batten receptacles and quick release pins for intermediate cars are configured to minimise the distance from mast to mainsail luff.
- Ballslide™ cars are easily loaded, and just as easily removed from the luff groove of the mast. Larger boats using the Series 8 system may opt for cars with quick release ball joints for the batten receptacles to facilitate initial setup or removal of larger mainsails.