- 4.8 oz / 137 g
- Heading Repeatability: ±0.5 °
- Display Update Rate: 4 Hz (four times a second)
- Water Resistance: Complete immersion for 30 min. at 3 m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 29.8 mm / 1.1 in digit height 250° viewing cone
- Battery: 600 mA
- Warranty: Two years
The Prism is a stripped down racing compass. The Prism provides unprecedented accuracy, coupled with a massive display, in a compact package. At a mere 137 g (4.8 oz) it is the world's lightest racing compass.
The Prism's sunlight-readable, high-contrast LCD screen features 29.8mm (1.1") tall digits in a font that's optimized for readability. This means that if your boat's under 40ft long you'll be able to mount the Prism on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit, even if you don't have perfect vision.
With 250° of visibility the Prism's LCDs can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire.
The Prism mounts to your boat via the slide-in cradle. The Prism Cradle can be mounted to a wide array of brackets, directly to a mast using the centerline holes and the Mast Bracket Hardware Kit, or directly to a bulkhead. We even included recesses in the cradle in case you need to lash your compass in place
The Prism uses only magnetic input as its heading reference, has no memory, no user inputs, and performs no arithmetic functions. It's legal in all classes that allow electronic compasses.
- Velocitek Prism
- Mounting cradle
- Quick Start Guide
- EVA storage case
3-Axis solid state compass:
- The Prism uses a high precision 3-axis solid state magnetometer designed for aerospace applications to provide superior accuracy and responsiveness.
- The Prism is battery powered with solar charging.
- The Prism is designed to withstand continuous immersion at 3m (9 ft). Every single unit that comes off the assembly line is pressure-tested before it ships.