for US Continental orders over $99
Edson's Needle Bearing Shelf Steerers are designed to provide precise steering control for larger boats. They are highly desirable due to their dependability, super sensitive "feel" and friction-free performance. Designed to be mounted on a shelf or horizontal flat surface, they are exceptionally strong and easy to install. Edson's Needle Bearing Steerers are available in a variety of choices to suit individual needs. Needle bearings and bearing liners are of high grade stainless. Used on a variety of boats including Whitbread Race winners, J-Boats and many other popular designs!
Edson's 408 Needle Bearing Shelf Steerer #408-3-10T Key Features:
- Designed for sailboats from 33 ft to 75 ft.
- Stainless Roller Bearings & Liners are very efficient and provide exceptional feel and sensitivity.
- Convenient Thru-Shaft Wheel Brake.
- 10 tooth sprocket for 3/4 in (#60) Roller Chain.
- Inverted aluminum "V" frame allows the chain to exist at a wide angle
- Reduces the total number of sheaves required, thus increasing steering sensitivity.
- Can be used in a a custom pedestal, bridge deck, powerboat console or bulkhead.
- Accepts any Edson #855 Sprockets
Weight: 6.5 lb