for US Continental orders over $99
|Initial Pin to Pin||36 in||91.4 cm|
|Minimum Pin to Pin||26 in||66 cm|
|Maximum Force *||150 lb||68 kg|
|Maximum Stroke 1||11 in||28 cm|
|Maximum Stroke 2 **||6 in||15.3 cm|
* At Maximum Pin to Pin Length.
1 Maximum stroke at initial Pin to Pin.
2 Maximum stroke at min. Pin to Pin.
** Stroke is travel when flexed. 1 in of stroke equates to approximately 7 in at the aft end of the boom.
Boomkicker K0500:Includes mast fitting with round luff groove slide, Boomkicker with 7/16 in diameter spring rods, boom fitting track assembly and fastener pack with screws, drill, tap and hex wrench.
Fits Boats: 16 ft to 20 ft.
Part Number: K0500
Recommended Installation Tools:
Phillips Screwdriver; Fine Tooth
Hacksaw; Center Punch; Rule; Variable Speed Reversible Drill and Blue
1. Setup Boom Height: Sliding goosenecks should be positioned for sailing. Securing a stop under the gooseneck relocates the position for rigging. Use the main halyard to support the boom above its highest operating position, or a desired height when moored or docked. At this time, check that the Model K0500 is correct. The min. length is 26 in (66 cm) pin to pin and the max. weight it can support is approximately 14 lb (6.3 kg) measured at the outboard end of the boom with the main sail flaked.
2. Position Boomkicker: The Boomkicker works by flexing upward and when straight, it is at the top of its travel. Install the Boomkicker with the screw head side of rod clamps facing up to flex upward away from the vang. With the boom height set, position the Boomkicker with fittings alongside the vang triangle to see how it fits. Position is not critical so long as it does not interfere with the vang. It's recommended that both the vang and the Boomkicker make an angle of between 30o and 45o with the boom. Mark the location for the mast fitting.
3. Install Mast Fitting: The mast fitting comes with a luff grove slide to avoid drilling the mast. Different diameters and flat slides are available by exchange, or at the web site or by phone. See part list. If usable, a fter disassembly from the fitting, the slide can o ften be inserted at the mast opening for the sail and dropped or lowered with a string. If the mast is out of the boat, the slide may be inserted from the base of the mast. Reassemble the mast fitting at the desired location and tighten the screws. If the slide is unusable, the bracket may be screwed directly to the mast. Extra long screws are included if needed to pass through the groove. Use the #25 drill and the 10-24 tap provided, with the mast fitting bracket as a guide. A variable speed, reversible drill makes tapping easy. Go slow. Locktite is recommended on threads.
4. Shorten if Necessary: If the Boomkicker is too long, we recommend shortening the rods at the mast end so any cut ends are less visible. Loosen the rod clamp with the provided hex-key and slide the extension up the rods until there is a good fit. The bottom half of the clamp fittings for each extension have embossed stops to prevent slipping. Do not shorten total length more than 10 in (25 cm). Cut off extra rod length equally from both rods with a fine tooth hacksaw. Before tightening the clamps, check the rod ends are against the embossed stops and the clamps/extensions are not twisted relative to each other.
5. Install Boom Fitting: Make sure the rod clamps at both ends are tight. Then attach the Boomkicker to the mast fitting, and the slide and track at the boom end. The angle on the track goes forward, the stop in a ft. There are 3 standard choices for the stop with the initial position in the middle for later adjustment if needed. If necessary more stop positions can be drilled using the inscribed line along the side of the track for the 3/16 in diameter pin. With the Boomkicker in position and slid back against the stop pin, and with the track centered under the boom, mark one hole. Then center punch, drill and tap. Attach the track, recheck position, then drill and tap the remaining holes using the track as a guide. Use Locktite on threads. Hint: Once installed, to attach the Boomkicker, it's usually easier to slide the Boomkicker into the boom track first, then attach it to the mast fitting, rather then attaching to the mast first.
6. Check Return Force: A fter installation, check return force by pushing down on the end of the boom. The amount of support desired is a personal preference. For reference, with the sail flaked, using about 10 to 12 lb (4.5 to 5.4 kg) to pull the a ft end of the boom down seems like a good balance between boom support versus tension required to pull on the vang. More support may be desired with a bimini or if crew use the boom for support with the sail down. Less support may be desired if the mainsail is not stored on the boom or the Boomkicker is used to just li ft the boom in light air for sail shape. If less or more force is needed, optional spring rods are available either as exchange, or ordered on the web or by phone. The purpose of the Boomkicker is to support the boom so the boom topping li ft can be eliminated along with the chafe, windage, hangups and adjustments. If needed in unique circumstances, such as motoring in waves with the mainsail down, the main halyard can be attached to the a ft end of the boom and tightened for further support.
WARRANTY: The following is made in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied. Seller's and manufacturer only obligation shall be to replace or repair such parts of the product proved to be defective for a period of five years. User shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
For additional information or support, contact Mauri Pro Sailing Technical Team , your Boomkicker specialist.
Pin to Pin
Pin to Pin
Initial / Minimum
|K0312||14 - 16 ft||30 in||25 in||75 lb||11 in - 6 in|
|K0400||16 - 19 ft||34 in||26 in||150 lb||11 in - 6 in|
|K0500||16 - 20 ft||36 in||26 in||150 lb||11 in - 6 in|
|K0750||20 - 25 ft||36 in||31 in||250 lb||11 in - 6 in|
|K0800||25 - 27 ft||45 in||35 in||300 lb||15 in - 6 in|
|K1000||27 - 30 ft||45 in||41 in||400 lb||15 in - 6 in|
|K1250||30 - 34 ft||53 in||43 in||500 lb||16 in - 9 in|
|K1500||34 - 38 ft||53 in||49 in||600 lb||16 in - 9 in|
1 Maximum stroke at initial Pin to Pin.
2 Maximum stroke at min. Pin to Pin. ** Stroke is travel when flexed.
1" of stroke equates to approximately 7" at the a ft end of the boom.
MAURIPRO Sailing is committed to sell the products we offer at a fair price, but we also want to earn your business.
We'll match any published price posted by any US-based authorized e-retailer for an identical item (same size, color, year) in new condition.
If you found the better price on one of our competitor's sites, contact us after placing your order, and we'll credit your card the difference (auction sites do not apply).
Note: We will match total cost to destination (price + shipping).
We ship worldwide with USPS, DHL or Fedex.
If Requested we can accomodate prepaid taxes or provide information regarding duties, custom fees and/or local sales tax.
We have a dedicated team of global logistics experts and we'll work with you on any specific needs.
Transit time will vary based on products being ordered.
|Method||Price||Business Days*||Example if ordered on Monday 4/1**|
|Free over $99 (exclusions apply)||$0||7 - 10 Business days||Following Wed 4/10 - Mon 4/15|
|Ground (exclusions apply)||$9.95 - $24.95||5 - 7 Business days||Following Mon 4/8 - Wed 4/10|
|Ground - Winches (exclusions apply)||$24.95 - $45.95||5 - 7 Business days||Following Mon 4/8 - Wed 4/10|
|UPS 3 Day Select (Physical addresses only)||Calculated @ Checkout||3 Business days||Thurs 4/4 (if ordered by 11am ET) Friday 4/5 (if ordered after 11am ET)|
|UPS 2nd Day Air (Physical addresses only)||Calculated @ Checkout||2 Business days||Wed 4/3 (if ordered by 11am ET) Thurs 4/4 (if ordered after 11am ET)|
|UPS Next Day Air (Physical addresses only)||Calculated @ Checkout||1 Business days||Tues 4/2 (if ordered by 11am ET) Wed 4/3 (if ordered after 11am ET)|
|Oversize||$99.95 - $145||N/A||N/A|
|Method||Estimated Shipping Time|
|USPS First Class Mail (2 pound max.)||15 - 20 Business Days|
|USPS Express International Service||10 - 14 Business Days|
|UPS Expedited or FedEx Priority International Service||6 - 8 Business Days|