FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!
US over $99, International over $450
Hand bearing compasses intended for use on all types of boats : dinghies, racing boats, cruisers, pneumatic boats, power day-boats, fast power crafts and power cruisers. Plastimo Compasses Iris 50 is clear evidence that a sturdy marine compass no longer needs to look austere.Features:
- Good protection against hard knocks; the smooth finish feels soft in your hand, and it will not slip, even if it is wet.
- Outstanding legibility of the card, with one-degree graduations.
- No parallax error: a prism projects the reading of the bearing to infinity. This also contributes to a more comfortable operation, as you do not need to alternate close-reading to read the card and infinite-reading to take bearings.
- Optimum conditions to take bearings: thanks to the superb card stability and the wide 20° field of view, which will accommodate the roughest sea conditions.
- Most accurate bearing: the pivot and very hard stone are a guarantee of long life and shock resistance of your compass.
- Soft bottom cell: engineered using ultra-sonic welding, it acts like an expansion diaphragm, preventing the formation of bubbles and leaks.
- Built-in photoluminescent lighting: completely maintenance-free, impervious to corrosion, operates without batteries or radio-active tritium.
- Course reading from above the compass: you can read your compass like a standard compass, with no need to look through the prism.