Cruising and Racing Sails
MX Racing Spinnaker - S2 Light Runner AP
We design our S2 for light-medium runners with a simple goal of "lower and faster". Broad shoulders allow your trimmer to rotate the sail to windward for added downwind performance. Ideal sail for 8 to 14 knots of wind and angles 100 to 140 AWA.
MX5 racing spinnakers are offered in a wide range of shapes and weights, ideal for ORC, PHRF and IRC racing and for all boats looking forward to improve their downwind performance. Our sail consultants have a single goal in mind, to develop a sail that can sail deeper and faster. Our sailmakers have years of experience and our skilled team works hard to be sure that each panel is stuck under equal tension, feature that allow us to deliver a smooth spinnaker. MX5 Racing Spinnakers provides you and your crew with added performance and sail endurance.
MX5 Racing Spinnakers are build out of the latest on spinnaker ripstop nylon. The range includes sailcloth weights from 0.5 oz. up to 1.5 oz. (heavier sailcloth available on request).
S2 Light / Medium Runner Ideal Range
- AWA: 95 to 145 degrees
- AWS: 5 to 15 kts.
MX5 Racing Spinnaker Codification
- S1 - Light Wind Reacher
- S2 - Light Wind Runner - AP
- S3 - Medium Reacher
- S4 - Medium / Heavy Runner
- S5 - Heavy Reacher
- Corner Rings: Stainless Steel O rings with heavy duty zig zag stitched polyester webbing.
- All seams on racing spinnakers are either flat felled and seam taped before sewing.
- Radial Patches are a standard feature to distribute corner loads into the sail and ensure a smooth and light sail.
- Luff, Leech and foot lines.
- Head, tack and Clew printed identification tags to provide ease of hoist and packing.
- Color coded edge tapes are standard as (Luff = Red, Leech = Green and Foot = White).
- Box Turtle Racing Bag is standard.
Graphics and logos
We offer a full in-house graphic design team to take care of all your spinnaker graphic needs. Your option of:
- Cut Vinyl / Insignia
- Dye Sublimation
- Printed Vinyl
MX5 Racing Spinnakers are guaranteed for 2 years against faulty workmanship or damage due to sailcloth manufacturing, subject only to proper maintenance and being used in appropriate wind conditions. Regular wear and tear are not covered.