Cruising and Racing Sails
MZ Cruising Spinnaker - Gennaker AP
The work-horse of the downwind inventory. No more wind-on-wind sailing. MZ2 Cruising Gennakers are a stable, easy to fly sail. These sails guarantee downwind performance and enjoyment. Gennakers' ideal package may include a gennaker furler or dousing sock.
MZ2 Gennaker - Performance Cruising Spinnaker are easy to trim and provide extra durability. HTN - High Tenacity Nylon range is perfectly suited for Offshore, Performance and Coastal Cruising Spinnaker and is available in three weights:
a. HTN 50 / 0.75 oz / 50 gsm
b. HTN 70 / 1.5 oz / 70 gsm
c. HTN 120 / 2.5 oz / 120 gsm
This range of sail cloth weights provides superb stretch resistance. MZ2 Gennakers are offered in a Light, Medium or Heavy Air options.
Gennaker Furling Options
Need a Gennaker furler? ask our sail consultants about package pricing and recommendations.
- Corner Rings are Stainless Steel O rings with heavy duty zig zag stitched polyester webbing.
- As standard we stitch all 0.75 oz nylon with flat seams and "heavy air" seams are used on 1.5 and 2.5 oz nylon.
- Radial Patches are a standard feature to distribute corner loads into the sail and ensure a smooth, light sail.
- Polyester Luff, Leech and foot lines.
- Head, Foot and Clew have printed identification tags to provide ease of hoist and packing.
- Color coded edge tapes are standard. (Standard: Luff in Red, Leech in Green and Foot in White).
- Other colors can be selected and specified.
- Drawstring sail bag.
Graphics and logos
We offer a full in-house graphic design team to take care of all your spinnaker graphic needs. Your option of:
- Cut Vinyl / Insignia
- Dye Sublimation
- Printed Vinyl
Spinnaker Sleeves - Gennaker Dousing Sock
The ATN Spinnaker Sleeve is an easy and reliable way of helping you to douse your MZ2 Gennaker. The sleeve allows easy single-handed deployment and dousing of sails such as spinnakers, reachers, gennakers, MPS, screechers or mizzen staysail up Mega Yacht sizes. Now at reduced and very competitive prices. The Spinnaker sleeve can be ordered separately on our accessories page or with our custom or fast spinnakers. Sailmakers should recommend the sleeve as a "must have" for all cruising spinnaker.
- A single continuous control line led through a separate pocket prevents the sail and control lines twisting together.
- The exterior pocket in a contrasting color allows easy visual identification of twists.
- A swiveling stainless rod pennant allows the sleeve to accumulate on the pennant.
- A specially made light and strong sleeve material is flexible, does not retain water, allows the sail to breathe, does not cling to the sail during hoist and allows easy drying when stowed.
- An ergonomically designed spinnaker friendly oval hoop reinforced with carbon will not warp under load and yet slides easily over the sail without chafing.
The TACKER controls the tack of an asymmetric cruising spinnaker by fastening it over the furled headsail. The Gennaker tack is secured to the deck are too low giving a poor setting sail and chafe on the bow pulpit and lifelines. A tack pennant allows the gennaker to fall off to leeward. The TACKER allows the MZ2 Cruising Gennaker to be flown 600 mm (two feet) above the lifelines with its foot horizontal, the tack and luff of the cruising spinnaker close to the center-line and with easy vertical adjusted for a perfect trim. The TACKER is manufactured from heavy duty polyethylene with a webbing strop and a snap shackle allowing the tack to easily be blown.
MZ2 Cruising Gennaker are guaranteed for 2 years against faulty workmanship or damage due to sailcloth manufacturing, subject only to proper maintenance and being used in appropriate wind conditions. Regular wear and tear are not covered.