Cruising and Racing Sails
MZ4 Cruising Mainsail - Bluewater (CD)
Cruising oceans, sailing in gale force winds, or spending long periods under the Caribbean sun? MZ4 Bluewater cruising sails provide you with the durability you are looking for. Strong and durable with a soft finish for easy reefing or flaking.
MZ4 Offshore Voyager cruising sails are explicitly designed for the salty bluewater cruiser in mind. These sails are ideal for the cruiser and his boat ready to leave on a lifetime adventure, cross oceans, or planning to go into the horizon and sail in deep blue waters. MZ4 will endure the fatigue of days of high winds and heavy seas. MZ4 are true offshore sailing sails. Soft finish for easy reefing and added durability. All MZ4 sails are manufactured out of BCD Dacron.
MZ4 Offshore Voyager cruising sails are available in several formats:
a. Full Batten Mainsail
b. Short batten configuration
c. In mast Roller Furling with a hollow leech and clew block
d. In boom Roller Furling with full battens
- Headboards made of marine-grade aluminum.
- Draft Stripes (as requested).
- Bolt rope or slides.
- Tell Tales at leech batten for easy trimming.
- Clam Cleat for the leech and foot lines.
- Easy to adjust Battens pockets. All batten pockets are sewn with backing pads for extra durability.
- Heavy-duty batten ends and luff boxes.
- Cunningham is available as a press ring or webbing.
- Spreader Patches (optional).
- Two or Three sets of reefs.
Additional MZ4 Offshore Voyager Finishes
- Half-moon reinforcement patches for luff slides.
- Triangular reinforcement wedge at seam ends on the Leech.
- Beefers (connectors) between mainsail reefs.
- Horizontal (HOJO) seams triple stitched.
- Double stitching on all patch layers.
- Double tapes.
- Two-ply to head and clew.
Options for Roller Furling Mainsails
- UV Cover optionally fitted at the Clew on roller furling mains in either Sunbrella or UV Dacron.
- Roller Furling Clew block are attached with webbing which is always sewn under the UV cover for enhanced UV protection.
- Hand sewn Leather Corner reinforcement in light grey leather. Soft headboard.
- Vertical Batten Pockets (for roller furling mainsails)
- UV Seam protection treatment for sealing sewn seams, sealing out UV, moisture, dirt and wind.
Batten Car System package upgrade. Ask our sail consultants about our package pricing.
MZ4 Offshore Voyager Cruising Sails are guaranteed for 2 years against faulty workmanship or damage due to sailcloth manufacturing, subject only to proper maintenance and being used in appropriate wind conditions. Regular wear and tear are not covered.