Andersen winches are lightweight, are durable stainless steel sailboat winches. One of the greatest features of Andersen stainless steel winches is the Power Rib. Unlike other sailboat winches with abrasive or machine cut drum surfaces, the drums have vertical ribs running up the surface. This, combined with the smooth polished stainless steel gives maximum grip and minimum wear on ropes, reducing the replacement costs of sheets and halyards. What's more, Andersen Winch's unique Power Rib principle simply makes sailing more pleasurable. Fewer turns on the winch make tacking easier. Sheets can be gently eased out without shuttering and the risks of overrides and jammed sheets are significantly reduced. The grip provided by the ribs on the Andersen winch will remain the same year after year, unlike many other winches with an abrasive or sandpaper-like surface. Such surfaces have a tendency to wear down both ropes and themselves.
It's all about protecting your investment. With Andersen sailboat winches, this protection is guaranteed, as the drum maintains its grip year after year. Keeping wear and tear to a minimum also helps maintain resale value, and Andersen's 3-year warranty and instant service in more than 3 countries worldwide amount to a benchmark standard. Low maintenance is a key - and with Andersen Winches, you can take it for granted. These winches require less maintenance, since all pawls and springs are captive, and the design of the winch allows you to easily strip it down for service and greasing.
Unique Andersen Winches Features:
- They have a Drive shaft that is made from of AISI 329 stainless steel.
- Winches size 40 and above have Adjustable self-tailing arm through 360 degrees.
- Low friction curved self-tailing arm.
- Stainless steel ball bearings to carry vertical and horizontal loads from the drum (from size 52ST and up). The upper and lower bearings are designed to be maximum distance apart, resulting in increased support for the drum while increasing efficiency.
- Large-diameter roller bearings to absorb drum loads and increase efficiency.
- Easy servicing of gears. Captive pawls made from cold-pressed stainless-steel bar AISI 316L, are unbreakable.
- Upper base plate from aluminium bronze, which is twice as strong as standard bronze and ensures a light, stiff and rugged construction that increases efficiency.
- The self-tailing system on Andersen winches adjusts automatically to suit various rope sizes.
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum with the Power Rib ensures a superior grip on the sheet without causing excessive wear.
- Drum surface with Power Rib generates horizontal friction, and a highly polished surface minimizes vertical friction, allowing rope to slide easily up the drum.
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum combined with an internal construction of aluminium bronze, results in winches being of similar weight to aluminium winchesbut far more durable. Servicing is only required every 2 years under normal use.
All Andersen winches are made from stainless steel. At MAURIPRO Sailing we offer Andersen winches in plain top, self tailing and electric stainless steel models for your convenience.