Hand bearing compasses intended for use on all types of boats : dinghies,
racing boats, cruisers, pneumatic boats, power day-boats, fast power crafts
and power cruisers.
Iris 50 Compass is clear evidence that a sturdy marine compass no longer
needs to look austere.
- Good protection against hard knocks ; the smooth finish feels soft
in your hand, and it will not slip, even if it is wet.
- Outstanding legibility of the card, with one-degree graduations.
- No parallax error : a prism projects the reading of the bearing to
infinity. This also contributes to a more comfortable operation, as you
do not need to alternate close-reading to read the card and infinite-reading
to take bearings.
- Optimum conditions to take bearings : thanks to the superb card stability
and the wide 20° field of view, which will accommodate the roughest
- Most accurate bearing : the pivot and very hard stone are a guarantee
of long life and shock resistance of your compass.
- Soft bottom cell : engineered using ultra-sonic welding, it acts
like an expansion diaphragm, preventing the formation of bubbles and leaks.
- Built-in photoluminescent lighting: completely maintenance-free,
impervious to corrosion, operates without batteries or radio-active tritium.
- Course reading from above the compass : you can read your compass
like a standard compass, with no need to look through the prism.