The SpeedPuck is designed for long-term reliability in a saltwater marine environment. The SpeedPuck's caseback screws on and off like the lid of a leak-proof water bottle to reveal the battery compartment. In addition to this, the battery compartment is completely sealed off from the rest of the device's electronics, providing a second layer of protection against moisture.
The SpeedPuck combines a high-accuracy GPS speedometer, compass and bar graph wind shift indicator in a compact, durable package. It is designed to be mounted on a dinghy or handheld when hiking on a sportboat. The SpeedPuck improves your sailing by allowing you to quantify the effects of boat trim, sail trim, wind shifts and current. No more second guessing yourself.
• Speed and Heading updated twice a second.
• Compact, low-profile design.
• Maximum speed recall.
• Bar graph for lift / header indication.
• Waterproof to 3 m.
• Can be handheld to read when hiking on a sportboat or boat mounted on a dinghy.
• 20+ hrs of battery life and GPS data storage.
• Fully compatible with Velocitek SpeedPlay .
Main Display Modes
• Speedometer: Displays speed, updated at 2Hz.
• Compass: Displays heading / course over ground, updated at 2Hz.
• Maximum Speed: Displays maximum speed attained since the device was turned on.
Bar Graph Lift / Header Indicator
• Automatically locks on to your tack angle.
• Bar graph shows lifts and headers in 3 degree increments.
• Automatically resets when you tack or jibe.
• Can be disabled if prohibited by class rules.
• Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
• Heading Resolution: 1°
• Display Update Rate: 2Hz (once every 0.5 sec.)
• Water Resistance: ipx-8 to 3m / 10 ft
• Display: 27mm / 1.06” digit height 120 degree viewing cone
• Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded at 0.5 Hz (once every two seconds)
• +30 hour of capacity
• Data download requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6.
• Batteries: 3 x AA +20 hour endurance rechargeable or disposable
• Dimensions: 115mm / 4.5" diameter, 27mm / 1.06" thickness.
• Weight Including Batteries: 295g / 0.65lb
• GPS Chipset: u-blox LEA-4A
• Warranty: One year
Prices displayed in Euros do not include VAT.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
© Site content copyright Mauri Pro Sailing, LLC. All rights reserved
Site developed by Mauri Pro Sailing