Harken's Softshell is a hybrid layer that evolved by combining these
essentials: need to be dry (waterproof), stop the wind (windproof),
control internal moisture (breathability), repel water from exterior layer
(DWR treatment), allow maximum flexibility (stretch), and regulate body
temperature (fleece insulation). Stowable squall hood increases the utility
of the garment. This durable midweight layer fits a range of sailing styles,
climates, and personal tastes.
• Waterproof (5,000 g/m2), breathable (5,000 g/m2), windproof.
• Abrasion resistant.
• Taped seams with new technology on the fleece side.
• Durable Water-Repellant (DWR) treatment (not coating).
• Stretch fabric for mobility.
• Temperature-regulated fleece insulation with air pockets.
• Stitch-free hand pockets, chest pocket, and zippers.
• Adjustable hem and wrist cuffs.
• Long length and dropped rear hem.
• Weather-resistant zippers with zipper garages.
• Fit designed specifically for a woman's contour (2071 only).
• 3-Layer bonded fabric: polyester 2 way stretch with DWR
treatment, PU membrane, bonded fleece. YKK zippers. 2-Layer nylon
hood with PU membrane.