Hand bearing compasses intended for use on all types of boats : dinghies,
racing boats, cruisers, pneumatic boats, power day-boats, fast power
crafts and power cruisers.
Iris 50 Compass is clear evidence that a sturdy marine
compass no longer needs to look austere.
- Good protection against hard knocks ; the smooth finish feels soft
in your hand, and it will not slip, even if it is wet.
- Outstanding legibility
of the card, with one-degree graduations.
- No parallax error : a prism
projects the reading of the bearing to infinity. This also contributes
to a more comfortable operation, as you
need to alternate close-reading to read the card and infinite-reading
to take bearings.
- Optimum conditions to take bearings : thanks to the
superb card stability and the wide 20° field of view, which will
accommodate the roughest sea conditions.
- Most accurate bearing : the
pivot and very hard stone are a guarantee of long life and shock resistance
of your compass.
- Soft bottom cell : engineered using ultra-sonic welding,
it acts like an expansion diaphragm, preventing the formation of bubbles
- Built-in photoluminescent lighting: completely maintenance-free,
impervious to corrosion, operates without batteries or radio-active tritium.
Course reading from above the compass : you can read your compass like
compass, with no need to look through the prism.
Manufacturer Code: 23117